How to pay penalty for Aadhaar with PAN linking Rs.500 before 30th june 2022
The Link Aadhaar service is available to individual taxpayers (both registered and unregistered on e-Filing) who have a valid PAN and Aadhaar number. With this service, you can:
Link Aadhaar with PAN on the e-Filing portal:
- Pre-login on the e-Filing homepage (for both registered and unregistered users)
- Post-login to the e-Filing portal (for registered users)
CBDT has extended the deadline of linking of Aadhaar with the PAN from 31st March 2022 to 31st March 2023.You can link the Aadhar with the PAN till 31st March 2023. You will be required to pay a fee of Rs. 500 till 30th June 2022 and fee of Rs 1000 from 1st July 2022.
For link of Aadhar with the PAN two main steps are:
- Valid PAN
- Aadhaar number
- Valid mobile number
Step:1 Payment of applicable fee on NSDL (now Protean) portal under Major head (0021) and Minor head (500) for AY 2023-24.
Step:2 Submit the Aadhaar link request on e-Filing portal after 4-5 working days of making of payment on NSDL (now Protean) portal.
Step:1 Payment of fee on NSDL (now Protean) portal under major head (0021) and newly added minor head (500) for AY 2023-24
Step:1(a) Go to the e-Payment for TIN (egov-nsdl.com) to pay the late fee Rs. 500 /1000 as the case may be.
Step:1(b) Click on the Proceed button in non-TDS/TCS category Challan no./ITNS 280.
Step:1(c) On click of Proceed button challan will be shown which will have major (0021) and minor head (500).
Step:1(d): Enter the required details (PAN, AY, mode of payment etc).
- If the amount is less than or greater than specified amount (Rs. 500/1000 basis date of fee payment), the amount shall be considered as invalid for purpose of Aadhaar-PAN linkage.
- Only single challan of fee amount Rs. 500 till 30th June 2022 and Rs. 1000 after 30th Jun 2022 with Minor head code 500 will be considered as valid fee for Aadhaar-PAN linkage and multiple challans with major head (0021), minor head (500) and AY 2023-24 aggregating to Rs. 500 (upto 30.06.2022) or Rs. 1000 (from 01.07.2022 onwards till 31.03.2023) will NOT be considered as valid fee payment.
- There should not be any aggregation of challans with PAN-Minor head 500 to arrive at amount of Rs. 500/1000.
- The challan for fee payment should be with the AY 2023-24 only.
Step:2 Submit the PAN-Aadhaar link request on e-Filing portal after 4-5 working days of making fee payment on NSDL (now Protean) portal.
(As of now, no validity period will be there for linking Aadhar post fee payment on NSDL (now Protean) portal.)
Step 2(a): Go to e-filing portal > Login > On Dashboard, under the Link Aadhaar to PAN option, click Link Aadhaar.
Or alternatively, click Link Aadhar in personal details section.
Step 2(b) Enter the PAN and Aadhaar no. and click Validate.
Note: Please ensure you link your correct Aadhaar no. with your PAN.
If Aadhaar and PAN are already linked or PAN linked to some other Aadhaar or vice versa, you will get following errors:
PAN is already linked with the Aadhar or with some other Aadhar.
You may need to lodge a grievance or contact the e-Filing Helpdesk to un-link Aadhaar and PAN if: Your PAN is linked with some other Aadhaar
After validating PAN and Aadhar
If you have made payment of challan on NSDL (now Protean) Portal and payments details are verified by e-filing.
Step-(i) After validating PAN and Aadhar, you will see a pop-up message that “Your payments details are verified”. Click Continue on the pop-up message to submit
Step-(ii) Enter the required details and click the Link Aadhaar button.
Step-(iii) Enter the 6-digit OTP received on mobile no. mentioned in the previous step.
Step-(iv) Request for link of Aadhaar has been submitted successfully, now you can check the Aadhaar-PAN link status.
If the payment details are not verified on the e-filing portal.
Step:(i) After validating PAN and Aadhaar, you will see a pop-up message “Payments details not found”. Click Continue to pay on NSDL (now Protean) Portal for the payment of fee as payment of fee is the pre-requisite to submit the PAN-Aadhaar link request.
Note: If you have already paid the fee on NSDL (now Protean) portal, wait for 4-5 working days after that you can submit the request.
In case record for PAN and minor head code 500 is there, but challan is already consumed for linking.
Step:(i) After validating PAN and Aadhaar, you will see a pop-up message “Payment done earlier for this PAN has already been used for Aadhaar -PAN linking”.
Click Continue to make the payment of fee on NSDL (now Protean) portal.
Note: If you have raised Aadhar-PAN linkage request earlier, kindly make the fee payment again on NSDL(now Protean) and submit Aadhaar-PAN linking request 4-5 working days after the payment.
View Link Aadhaar Status (Pre-Login)
Step 1: On the e-Filing portal homepage, click Link Aadhaar Status.
Step 2: Enter your PAN and Aadhaar Number, and click View Link Aadhaar Status.On successful validation, a message will display your Link Aadhaar status.
View Link Aadhaar Status (Post-Login)
Step 1a: On your Dashboard. Click Link Aadhaar Status.
Step 1b: Alternatively, you can go to My Profile > Link Aadhaar Status.
(If your Aadhaar is already linked, Aadhaar number will be displayed. If Aadhaar is not linked Link Aadhaar status is displayed).
- If the validation fails, click Link Aadhaar on the Status page, and you will need to repeat the steps to link your PAN and Aadhaar.
- If your request to link PAN and Aadhaar is pending with UIDAI for validation, you will need to check the status later.
- You may need to lodge a grievance or contact the e-Filing Helpdesk to un-link Aadhaar and PAN if:
- your Aadhaar is linked with some other PAN
- your PAN is linked with some other Aadhaar
- On successful validation, a message will display your Link Aadhaar status.
On successful validation, a message will display your Link Aadhaar status.