MCA Clarification on dispatch of notice by listed companies
MCA vide General Circular no. 21/ 2020 dated 11th May, 2020 has issued CLARIFICATION ON DISPATCH OF NOTICE UNDER SECTION 62(2) OF COMPANIES ACT, 2013 BY LISTED COMPANIES FOR RIGHTS ISSUE OPENING UPTO 31ST JULY, 2020.
1. MCA has received several representation for seeking clarification on the mode of issue of notice as per Section 62 (1) (a) (i) of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Section 62 (2) of the Act.
2. It deals with Right issue by the Listed Companies.
3. In view of COVID-19 pandemic, Companies has faced difficulties to send notices through postal or courier services.
4. MCA has examined all the representation and also take note of SEBI Circular no. SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P2020/78 dated 06th May, 2020.
- SEBI Circular : Relaxations relating to procedural matters – Issues and Listing
5. Clarification from MCA:
For Right Issue opening 31st July 2020:
In case of Listed Entities, which comply with the SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P2020/78 dated 06th May, 2020, inability to dispatch the notice per Section 62 (1) (a) (i) of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Section 62 (2) of the Act, to their shareholders through registered post / speed post / courier would not considered as violation of Section 62(2) of the Companies Act, 2013
IN NO EVENT THE AUTHOR SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION. THIS HAS BEEN SHARED FOR KNOWLEDGE PURPOSES ONLY.